SHIFT 2022 Code of Conduct
Everyone at SHIFT is expected to uphold this code of conduct.
- Read the Things to Know guide on the SHIFT website.
- Treat yourself & others with respect and the spirit of inclusivity.
- Protect the land and follow all Fire Safety Rules. Smoke only in designated areas, do not bring or light anything burnable, and stay within the event grounds.
- Leave No Trace! Be responsible for all of your belongings and trash.
- Practice enthusiastic consent and speak up if you see something questionable.
- Minors (16 and under) are to be supervised at all times.
- No violence, physical harm, harassment, or theft.
- No ableism, homophobia, racism, sexism, transphobia, or hate speech of any kind.
- No breaking of Fire Safety rules.
IF YOU SEE OR EXPERIENCE CODE OF CONDUCT VIOLATIONS…
- Feel empowered to practice bystander intervention when it is safe to do so.
- Report incidents to Grass Guardians, Security, or Staff. Look for radios, lanyards, or staff shirts.
- Minor violations come with ONE and only ONE warning.
- Serious violations and all other failures to comply will result in removal from the event, with no refund.
- All incidents will be recorded by staff.